Saturday, May 05, 2007

An unlikely hero tonight...

Ok, no triples. Not even any homeruns. But we saw some great baseball tonight, complete with an SF Giants WIN, intense 2-out rallies, stolen bases, clutch pinch-hits, dropped flyballs... and it was an absolutely gorgeous night at the ballpark.

Eliezer Alfonzo was our unlikely hero tonight with an absolutely clutch pinch-hit 3-run double in the 7th! And this was after his 3-for-3 performance last night!

Brad Hennessey looked so strong, in relief, tonight. Slick and solid. And while I'm more prone to despise our opponents for their abilities, there are some players that I just can't seem to hate. Jamie Moyer, for example - I still really enjoy watching him pitch. He just made some of our guys look like fools at the plate (though some of those pitiful plate appearances weren't so much about Moyer's skill, but the G-Men's sloppiness). Another guy on my "despise-him-so-much-I-respect-him" list (!?!) is Jimmy Rollins - crazy sneaky quick. I hate it... but can't help but love it at the same time.

I can't wait to be at the ballpark again. The field was absolutely magical from 33 rows behind the Giants dugout. And thanks to Full Throttle for the free Giants blanket tonight!

Rest up for Sunday, Lincecum!

No comments: